Raiders of the Lost Arcade

Dr Bob's blog about modern videogames , retrogaming and Irish gaming in general.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Warcraft Diary 6:Tiiiiiiiime is not on your side


I was trying to post something today about the whole downside to playing W.O.W. ,in that, despite what it says on the box,its impossible to really do anything constructive in it if you dont have at least an hour to spend, thats at least an hour,and two plus if you feel like doing an instance (i.e. an area you go into with a few other people , to kill lots of bad guys and carry out a few set missions (which usually in fairness involve killing yet more bad guys).And apparantly , a battle in Alterac Valley at high levels will take most of a day!!

Its a bit of a pain in the arse, whereas with stuff like 'Team fortress' or 'Battlefield' , you could nip upstairs for 20 minutes , have a quick game , then log off and do something else, in WoW , the only thing you can do in 20 minutes is log on , check if any of your auctions have sold , check you mail , and log off.
I'm playing a Druid , a character that takes an enormously long time to kill anything in the game, so that might be part of it,but its I reckon it's just the way the game is designed , it will eat all your time if you're not careful!
Case in point , I was at a party at the weekend , my girlfriend was there , as was a mate I play on line with , and during the course of conversation ,my girlfriend mentioned that I was always online , up to two hours at a time.A few minutes later my mate made the statement that I couldnt help him much ingame , because I was never online, barely two hours a night.Theres probably a moral there , but I cant be arsed looking for it.

Cheers by the way to Meushibunta at Frostwhisper again ,as he managed to give me a hand with some screen settings and set me up with a few decent mods(dont have enough time to really explain this here , but mods are legal addons that change a few controls and the way WoW looks), anyway cheers mate!(and yes I will change my weapon!)

Anyway ,
I've never found an excuse to link it here , but Flintlockes guide to Azeroth is a great web comic created using the Warcraft game itself (and er much photshopping too)link here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home