Raiders of the Lost Arcade

Dr Bob's blog about modern videogames , retrogaming and Irish gaming in general.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Ah hoy hoy!

Hi there
I'm Dr Bob* and depsite the fact that this is in essence a new blog , you may have noticed there's a rather large archive.the main reason for this is that this is a new incarnation of my old blog Retro -metro.I've shifted pretty much all the old entries from there to here, mainly as , well since the other bloggers there talk about important life changing stuff, and I was rattling on about Zx80 computers , I was standing out like a sore thumb.So Dr Who like, "Retro-metro" has regenerated into "Raiders of the Lost arcade" ,with a new look and a a slightly more appropriate name.
So what will you get here:
Lots of talking about gaming - as its (after my Girlfriend) my main passion in life.
Even more about Retro-gaming , does it have 4 onscreen colours , basic controller and an overuse of "blip" as a sound effect?? well sign me up!
My Warcraft diary m yeah I'm hooked , I admit it
Basic musings on Tv and pop culture whenever I can be arsed
Purty pictures from time to time

What you're probably not going to get:
Stuff about my personal life , my Girlfriend or my Job. I'm a fairly shy person, and I'm not really into the whole exhibitionist blogger thing.I'm getting married in a few weeks,my jobs in IT and I'm pretty happy with my lot all things said.There thats all your getting!
Current affairs- Its not that I dont have an opinion , but theres people out there who can say it all better than I can.Personally I disaprove of the way the US is being run and their foreign policy, and I totally disagree with the way Ireland is run (which for non-Irish readers is akin to the way a sports and social club is run , all half arsed meetings and budgets done on the back of cigarette packets).
Those "the Hoff" pics , just let it die folks!
Grammer and correct spelling.
see you soon , Dr Bob
_____________________
*Hadn't realised it but there's a few Dr Bob's out there already , maybe we should form a league or something , anyway I'm Dr Bob- Irish edition if that helps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home