Raiders of the Lost Arcade

Dr Bob's blog about modern videogames , retrogaming and Irish gaming in general.

Thursday, February 13, 2003

Too many games...too little time

The problem with gaming headcases like myself , is that you end up with so many games on your pc , that it would take...ooohh a few centuries to finish them all...

A bit of rough maths ...between old c64 & speccy etc games (only the copyright free ones of course mr lawyer type guy,honest) ...plus abandonware (i.e. old dos games more than 5 years old) that I've accumulated ,plus "modern" Pc games ...I've about 1000+ games on my pc .I mean a few saturday afternoons, and sunday mornings isnt really going to cut it..
This is why I havent actually finished one in ages..I'm constantly flitting from one to the next like the A.D.D joystick junkie that I am.
OK so a lot of those games are of the ahem "calibre" of spiky harold and blagger goes to hollywood ( i.e. shite), but I'd say at least 500+ are worth getting to the end
On top of this ..I downloaded a beta of an x-wing style 3d game for my PDA ...which'll eat up more free time,and means its even less likely that I'll see a "congratulations" screen in the near future..still It may help wean me off my current
Galaga addiction*
galaga.gif

I may have to start pruning my hard drive...its either that or else quit my day job and stock up on caffiene tablets...



*wait till the java loads completely , then select galaga from the menu..prepare to watch the rest of your afternoon zip by.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home